Resetting your Samsung TV might be the hardest decision, especially if you’ve done some configuration and left your personal data on it.
However, you still have to do when there’s no other choice. In most cases, it’s a must to reset the television to make it back to normal. Reinstating a Samsung TV is not a big deal, but things will get complicated if you can’t find the remote.
How to reset Samsung TV without remote?
That’s why we come up with this guide today to show you some ways to reset the television using no remote or even PIN.
Table of Contents
4 Steps to Reset Your Samsung TV without Remote
Having Samsung TV remote keeps the resetting process easier. Nevertheless, sometimes it disappears all of sudden or doesn’t work properly, and you can’t buy a new one immediately.
That’s why you need to know how to reset Samsung TV without the remote.
- Let’s start by turning off your smart TV
- Press and hold the POWER button for 15 seconds
- Wait for the television itself to turn on
- After that, you will see your Samsung TV automatically resetting without the need of the remote
Seems simple, right?
The thing is that you can’t apply this way to all Samsung TVs. You can try the ‘without PIN’ option if you can’t use this approach. Anyway, I still recommend you to quickly replace a new remote.
See also: Choose 24 inch smart TV with Wi-Fi
Other Ways to Reset Your Samsung TV NOT Using a Remote
1. Without PIN
Have you ever tried the feature called Samsung TV Diagnostic Centre?
If something happens, there’s a diagnostic centre that you can find on Samsung support page on the smart TV to rely on. It can help you rest and restore your television to default if encountering any issue. The easiest way to fix your Samsung TV is to do the reset.
Without the remote control, Samsung TV still can be reset. If you can’t do the first way I just mentioned above, then you can make use of the security PIN created before to reset the device via the diagnostic centre. Typically, the default PIN of Samsung TV is ‘0000’, but then you will be required to change it and reset the television.
In case you forget the security PIN of your television, it’s still okay to process the reset so don’t worry.
- Turn off Samsung smart TV
- Press MUTE then continue with 8-2-4 in order and end up with POWER
- Select Reset and click YES to finish
2. With the black screen
Are you dealing with the black screen problem?
Well, this issue is common and often occurs after a firmware update. Since the screen shows nothing but black, it’s hard to do the reset on your Samsung TV. But of course it’s not impossible!
Follow the guide below and you can easily reset Samsung TV with black screen:
- Turn on your smart TV with black screen
- Press and hold the EXIT button for 12 seconds
- You will see a stretch of blink from the television’s standby light at this moment without any interruption
- The reset option pops up on the screen after that
- Click OK when a window shows up to reaffirm the reset
You can try this way when your Samsung TV refuses to display pictures.
When You Have a Samsung TV Remote…
How about resetting your television with remote?
This is for sure the easiest and fastest way to reset your Samsung smart TV. Quickly use the remote control to set the television to default if it still works properly. If not, then don’t miss out other ways mentioned above.
Here are steps to reset a Samsung TV with a remote:
- Press and hold the POWER button on the remote until the TV is on
- Access the main menu and then tap the Menu tab
- Use the navigation key and scroll for interaction
- Hit ENTER – the middle button – on the remote and choose Self-Diagnostic
- Click ENTER when the Reset window pops up
- Type your security PIN
- Tap YES to reset your smart TV to default
Please note that Samsung TV can turn off and turn on automatically when undergoing reset. Thus, you shouldn’t turn it off with the remote if the process has not completed yet.
Access Samsung TV Service Menu without a Remote
After the reset, you still can use Samsung TV even when you have no remote control by checking the following instructions.
So, what is Samsung TV service menu?
In the modern day, we’re familiar with smart TVs; however, the truth is that not all of us can understand all the functions and features offered by a smart TV immediately. That’s why Samsung TV comes up with the so-called service menu allowing users to adjust anything.
- Various settings regarding picture quality
- Input mode and screen
- In-depth information about the television
Let’s see how to access a smart television without remote control:
- Spot the small square button at the back of your Samsung TV
- Press it to turn on the television
- Press it one more time for the service menu to show up
- Make use of the volume slider to navigate all the options
You can download the remote app for your Samsung TV model on the smartphone for easier control.
The Bottom Line
That’s all for how to reset Samsung TV without remote!
If you want to give this device into the normality mode from previous personalization and customization, just reset it. In case something happens to your remote control, simply follow this guide till the very end to find out all methods of resetting your Samsung TV without using a remote.
For more info about Samsung smart TV, leave your comments below.